Featuring a Long-Lost Grant Morrison Interview about his Feud with Alan Moore;
An Interview with Metallica’s Kirk Hammett and Anthrax’s Scott Ian;
Conversations with Comic Book Legend Geof Darrow;
Contributions by Julia Alekseyeva, Abdulkareem Baba Aminu, Peter Bagge, Tini Howard, Gideon Kendall; Roger Langridge; Joe Lansdale; Erin Nations, Benjamin Percy, Jon Raymond; Sara Richard, Vivek J. Tiwary, Noah Van Sciver, Shannon Wheeler
and Much More!
PORTLAND, OR (December 11, 2018) IDW Publishing is launching a Kickstarter for the third volume of FULL BLEED, the acclaimed print-only 200-page hardcover magazine. When funded on Kickstarter, FULL BLEED VOL. 3: HEAVY ROTATION will include a cornucopia of features, including a provocative and long-lost interview with bestselling comic book writer Grant Morrison, discussing his feud with writer Alan Moore; a conversation between music legends Metallica’s Kirk Hammett and Anthrax’s Scott Ian; interviews with with comic book legend Geof Darrow, and contributions by Julia Alekseyeva, Abdulkareem Baba Aminu, Peter Bagge, Tini Howard, Gideon Kendall, Roger Langridge, Joe Lansdale, Erin Nations, Benjamin Percy, Jon Raymond, Sara Richard, Vivek J. Tiwary, Noah Van Sciver; Shannon Wheeler, and many more.
FULL BLEED is curated and edited by IDW Publishing’s Dirk Wood, alongside IDW Publishing Former CEO/Founder Ted Adams. When funded through Kickstarter, pledges will be delivered to backers next year. The FULL BLEED Kickstarter campaign is live as of Tuesday, December 11th and runs for 30 days.
“FULL BLEED is like Rolling Stone, the old Comics Journals, and an art book had a baby,” said Creative Director Dirk Wood, “We’re so proud to bring this baby into the world and now we’re coming to you. In days of yore, when running a magazine, one had to rely on two important sources of revenue — advertising and subscriptions.The bottom line is FULL BLEED is 100% ad free. To realistically sustain a publication of this magnitude, reaching out directly to fans is necessary. Kickstarter provides us the opportunity to interact with prospective readers, not compromise on quality, and remain free of advertising. So tell your friends.”
“FULL BLEED #1 was a hell of a book,” said LOCKE & KEY writer Joe Hill. “ I’m excited to see the series continue. Jump in. The water’s great.”
By merging the best in comics, fiction, non-fiction, deep dive interviews, opinion, history, think-pieces and more, FULL BLEED is a reading experience like no other, and a beautiful addition to any bookshelf. Looking through an international lens, but filtered through the unique perspective of the IDW:PDX satellite office in Portland Oregon, FULL BLEED tackles all aspects of the creative culture, and beyond — comics, music, film, tv, fine art, photography, design, politics and more. FULL BLEED seeks total diversity: diversity in content, diversity in creators and contributors, diversity in genre.
FULL BLEED VOL. 3: HEAVY ROTATION features:
- The Grant Morrison Interview, Part One, By Gavin Edwards, illustration by Peter Bagge
- Monsters of Rock: An interview with Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, and Anthrax’s Scott Ian, concerning their shared history and love of all things horror and genre, By Russell Sheath, illustration by Tony Shasteen
- We Don’t All Live in a Yellow Submarine: An Essay, By Vivek J. Tiwary
- The Watering Shed: A brand-new short story featuring Hap & Leonard, By award-winning novelist Joe Lansdale
- Lover’s Eyes: An Essay, By Tini Howard, with illustrations by Sara Richard
- Arizona Daisy: A new comic, By Roger Langridge
- May 1968: The Revolution that Almost Was – A comic essay, By Julia Alekseyeva
- Black’s In: When a “Blackout” is a Good Thing, Text and illustrations by Abdulkareem Baba Aminu
- Following the Bloody Trail of the Shaolin Cowboy: An interview with Geof Darrow, featuring never-before-seen art, by Hannah Means-Shannon
- The Underdream: A new comic, By Josh O’Neill and Gideon Kendall
- The Lost Boys of the U-Boat Bremen: Chapter Three, By Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Steve Beach
- Down Mexico Way: A travel log, By Jarrett Melendez, with illustration from Danica Brine
- Uncharted Part Two: A short story, By Benjamin Percy with spot illustrations by Brent Schoonover
- The Shapes: A new comic, By Adam Knave & Andrew Losq
- New short comics from Shannon Wheeler, Jennifer Hayden and Noah Van Sciver
- A personal tale of young love gone wrong, By award-winning novelist and screenwriter, Jon Raymond
- The Big Smoke, a photo essay, By Joel Meadows
- Blade Runner: Technology Steals the Soul — An essay, By Tom Waltz, with illustration by Santipérez
- The Five Most Important Underground Cartoonists, an essay, By Bob Levin
- Home: A new comic by Erin Nations
Premiering today on Kickstarter is the new volume of the flagship publication from IDW’s Portland satellite office: FULL BLEED VOL. 3: HEAVY ROTATION! For updates, follow:
FULL BLEED on Twitter;
For more information, contact:
About IDW Publishing IDW Publishing stands proudly at the forefront of printed visual entertainment, cultivating a formidable library of world-renowned licensed brands and creator-owned original IP. Its diverse array of comic books, graphic novels, and art books deliver reading enjoyment to fans of all ages. Its award-winning imprints The Library of American Comics, Yoe! Books, and Artist Editions preserve the valuable cultural history of the sequential art medium, while titles under the critically acclaimed Top Shelf and Black Crown banners celebrate fiercely independent voices. IDW Publishing is a division of IDW Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: IDWM), a fully integrated media company with robust offerings in publishing, tabletop gaming, multimedia entertainment, and art exhibition via the San Diego Comic Art Gallery.
Continuing Mission Statement: FULL BLEED is a quarterly, print-only 200-page hardcover magazine, curated and edited by IDW Publishing’s Dirk Wood alongside CEO and founder, Ted Adams. Bringing together the very best in comics, fiction, non-fiction, in-depth interviews, opinion, history, think-pieces and more, FULL BLEED will be a reading experience like no other. This gorgeous hand-crafted cultural document will be a welcome addition to any bookshelf. Shot through an international lens, but filtered through the unique perspective of the IDW:PDX satellite office in Portland Oregon, FULL BLEED will tackle all aspects of the creative culture, and beyond — comics, music, film, television, fine art, photography, design, politics and more. FULL BLEED seeks true and total diversity through it’s content, creators and contributors, as well as genre and format.